All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionA village in the third world gets attacked at night. A student playing computer games gets hired to test a new online first person shooter. The game is clumsy, hard to play, first. It gets better over time, but at the same time a hacker group finds out that a new weapon is being developed: Robots, drones. The group intervenes, first successfully, gets pushed back and finally reveals the reality to the people who think that they play. First Person is a fast-paced story about what can happen if a game becomes a reality, written by an IT professional and mediocre online gamer. The story is a glance into what can be developed with techlogy which exists already today. First Person is a must read for every online gamer, an inspiring and scaring idea about where techlogy can lead us if it is t controlled.
- Author BiographyAlex Finger is an early internet pioneer and leader who is fascinated by the impact technology can have to make our lives better. He has successfully created one of the first german internet service providers and later taken key responsibilities in the design and implementation of large-scale internet services for the german postal service. Alex is working as an IT professional and combines a broad technology background with his educational background in economics and law. Living in the french alps he regards germany, switzerland and france as his countries of origin. He has published several articles in german, either on technology or the impact technology has on our societies and is the co-author of a book about network management with OpenNMS. First Person is his first novel - the idea had been spinning around his head for a few years until he took the time to write it out and down in the summer of 2011.
- Author(s)Alex Finger
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.