All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis entertaining and beautifully illustrated book introduces children to the basics of sailing. Adam, a young boy from the city, yearns to learn how to sail. When his aunt and uncle invite him to visit one summer, his cousin, Beth, takes him out in her sailboat. As they head for Dutch Ship Island, Beth shows Adam many of the things he will need to kw to become a sailorskills he must put into action when a thunderstorm arises. Here is a delightful adventure story that holds young readers interest while they absorb from labeled drawings many of the fundamentals necessary to begin sailing: basic nautical terms, points of sailing, channel markers and buoys, safety equipment, a few kts and bends, something about clouds and weather, anchoring, handling sails, and even crew overboard procedures. Middle gradesages 10-13.
- Author(s)Jennifer Heyd Wharton,Richard Henderson
- PublisherCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationCentreville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note40 color illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.