All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features 15 easy-to-follow experiments for learning fun. You can find out about things that go - including you! You can test the power of gravity, make a pulley, construct your own water wheel, and much more. Lively photographs and illustrations show children carrying out the practical projects in simple stages, making learning accessible and fun. A detailed glossary explains all the science terms used. It is perfect for home or school use by 5- to 7-year-olds. It includes safety instructions for children and guidance tes for grown-ups. Why is ice slippery? What are gears? How do running shoes help you to sprint faster? How do you keep your balance? What is wind power? All of these questions and many others are answered in this exciting book, which explores the different aspects of forces and movement. Use pulling and pushing power to move toy trucks, make a lever, and use sandpaper to demonstrate friction. This book introduces younger readers to science in a structured but interesting way. Fun activities encourage young children to explore and learn about the world around them, and complement the scientific points outlined in the simple introductory text.
- Author BiographyWendy Madgwick is a popular writer of children's science books. Her other titles include Animaze and Questions & Answers: Inventions.
- Author(s)Wendy Madgwick
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight422 g
- Width220 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.