All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book on theological hermeneutics. It is a plea for being hermeneutical about theology and for being theological about hermeneutics. It is an argument for treating the questions of God, Scripture and hermeneutics as one problem. This one problem defines what I call 'first theology (from the preface). In thirteen chapters, Kevin Vanhoozer explores various dimensions of doing first theology and illuminates t only how we can talk about God but how we can begin with the Word of God and act on the basis of that Word. Blazing a pathway for recovering the unity of biblical studies and theological reflection, he addresses the challenges presented by the contemporary so-called postmodern situation, especially deconstructionism. Not only does a way of doing God-centred biblical interpretation come to light through Vanhoozer's explorations, but the triune identity of a God who is communicative, loving and sovereign also comes into focus. This is a book for students, pastors and teachers who have an interest in the nature of God, the nature of Scripture, the nature of theology, and the nature of hermeneutics and how they are all necessarily interrelated to the glory of God.
- Author(s)Kevin J. Vanhoozer
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication19/07/2002
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNottingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.