All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the bestselling author of The Secret Life of Bees comes a thoughtful, revelatory book of writings on self and spirit Before she won an international readership with her vels, Sue Monk Kidd was best kwn for her smart, passionate spiritual writings. Now many of those early stories and essays (most of which first appeared in Guideposts) are collected in one volume, organised around thirteen spiritual motifs. In FIRSTLIGHT, Kidd charts her emergence as a writer and seeker, reflects on her roles as wife, mother, daughter, nurse and artist and assesses what she has learned in settings as far-flung as Africa and her own home. The result is an intimate, uplifting book, filled with moments of recognition and discovery.
- Author BiographySue Monk Kidd is the author of the novels, The Secret Life of Bees and The Mermaid Chair and the memoires, The Dance of the Dissident Daughter, When the Heart Waits and Firstlight, a collection of early writings. The Secret Life of Bees spent more than 125 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list and was adapted into an award-winning movie. The Mermaid Chair, a no1 New York Times bestseller, was adapted for television. Each of her novels has been translated into more than 24 languages. The recipient of numerous literary awards, Sue lives in South Carolina with her husband.
- Author(s)Sue Monk Kidd
- Date of Publication22/02/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight300 g
- Width210 mm
- Height133 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.