All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the point of view of public finance research, this book is a little quaint. A typical court of audit judges only what is put before it. In these essays it is argued that the judge should search for alternative actions that could have been taken and change thereby the records presented. This is different in that traditional public finance talks about some unkwn entity whose well being a benign president should implement. We are t particularly impressed with this model. Our way of reasoning is that we want to talk about alternatives.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Jurgen G. Backhaus, born in 1950, JSD 1976, Ph.D. (Econ) 1985, holds the Krupp Chair in Public Finance and Fiscal Sociology at Erfurt University since November 2000. Between 1986 and 2000, he held the chair in Public Economics at Maastricht University. In 2004 he was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Thessaly (Greece). He has published 68 books and monographs, about 200 articles in refereed journals and book chapters, 28 scholarly notes and 63 reviews.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleFinanzsoziologie
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notetables, 1 graph
- Weight300 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJuergen G. Backhaus
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.