All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Fiscal Space for Health in Uganda' is part of the World Bank Working Paper series. These papers are published to communicate the results of the Bank's ongoing research and to stimulate public discussion. This paper reviews the performance of the health sector in Uganda. It addresses concerns in the Ugandan health community that health financing must be increased to improve health, nutrition, and population outcomes, especially given the rapid increase in the country's population. Although international development aid targeted to health has increased dramatically, Uganda's first priority is actions to reduce waste and inefficiency in existing health expenditures. Such actions could include improved management of human resources in the health sector, strengthened procurement and logistics management for medicines and medical supplies, and better programming of development assistance of health. This paper is targeted to health policy makers and those involved in health services financing, both in the government and in dor agencies.
- Author(s)Ajay Tandon,Johannes Hoogeveen,Julie McLaughlin,Peter Okwero,Susan Sparkes,World Bank
- PublisherWorld Bank Publications
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleWorld Bank Working Paper
- Series Part/Volume Number186
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorld Bank Publications
- Content Noteill.
- Weight180 g
- Width178 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.