Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most prolific fly-fishing writers of the twentieth century, Roderick L. Haig-Brown continues his seasons cycle with Fisherman's Spring, a book that is as much about the deep philosophical aspects of fly fishing as it is about fly fishing itself. Readers will learn about the abundance of spring life in the streams of British Columbia while also being treated to Haig-Brown's thoughtful musings and ideas about the rewards of fly fishing streams. Chapters readers will encounter include: Spring Defined Early Cutthroat Lakes Fly Types The Secret Life Fishing and the Common Man On Wading Fishermen and Forestry Fishing and Milkmaids The Forecast Recognizing Birds Putting Fish Back A Boy and a Fish Pole And many more Discover within these pages how fly fishing can enrich life and bring joy to every fisher. Both vices and experts alike will find a wealth of kwledge in Fisherman's Spring. Originally published in 1964, Fisherman's Fall brings a unique perspective to the world of fall fishing. In the preface, Robert L. Haig-Brown ruminates on the attempts to preserve the salmon and trout in the rivers of British Columbia. What we kw could save them, yet what we do contradicts that kwledge. Gaining the kwledge in this book will help fishers learn the nature of the fish and might even inspire some to contribute to their preservation. Fisherman's Fall gives fishers all the tools to become adept at fishing the rivers of British Columbia as well as firsthand kwledge of the fish of those rivers and their habits. In fabulous prose, readers will discover the unique fishing facts and techniques that accompany the fall season, differences between salmon in salt water and fresh water, the ocean years of salmon, the nature of estuaries, steelhead mysteries, and what makes an ideal stream. Besides gathering wise information, readers get to glimpse the inner thoughts of a fisherman in the chapters of Haig-Brown's own thoughts while fishing. These wise words will speak to any fisher, and they will even speak to those who have never been on a river. Combining angling advice and inner reflection, this book is a must-have for fishermen and fisherwomen of all ages. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, kts, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyRoderick L. Haig-Brown (1908--1976) was a conservationist and well-known Canadian writer. He was born in England and found his way to British Columbia as a youth. He spent much of his life fishing rivers around the world and writing about his experiences, and in 1953 he received an honorary doctor of laws (LLD) from the University of British Columbia. He is also the author of Fisherman's Fall, Fisherman's Summer, and Fisherman's Winter. He is now deceased.
- Author(s)Roderick Langmere Haig-Brown
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication04/03/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content NoteB&W illustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byNick Lyons
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.