All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe dean of Florida fishing writers describes in words and pictures that golden era when gamefish were plentiful, pressure was light, and new fishing tackle, boat designs, and angling challenges were developing almost too fast for sportsmen to keep up with them.
- Author BiographyWidely recognized as the leading authority on Florida fishing, Vic Dunaway has been writing about the outdoors for more than half a century--the last 40 years for Florida Sportsman, of which he was founding editor, and during the previous 10 years for the Miami Herald. Prior to becoming editor of Florida Sportsman he had written many articles for national magazines, appeared on TV fishing shows for four different networks, and served as consultant for fishing tackle manufacturers. Although retired as editor, Dunaway continues to contribute occasional articles along with his long-popular humor column, Waterfront View, and a monthly cooking department. A native Floridian, Dunaway was born in Ft. Myers in 1928. Following a hitch in the army near the end of World War II, He earned his bachelor's degree in journalism from Florida State University in 1950. After graduation, he worked for several years in Georgia as a sportswriter for the Thomasville Times-Enterprise and Valdosta Daily Times, and during those same years wrote freelance fishing articles for national magazines until, in 1958, he was recruited by the Miami Herald as fishing editor. Nearly 40 years ago, Dunaway developed the Uni-Knot series, which allows the angler to use only one basic knot formation and adapt it to virtually every fishing application, including line to hook, line to line, line to leader, looping and snelling. Through reproduction in books, magazines, newspapers, brochures and product packages, the Uni-knot has long since become firmly established as one of the most popular rigging systems worldwide. Among many honors and awards he has received are lifetime achievement awards from the Florida Outdoor Writers Association, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, and the Metropolitan South Florida Fishing Tournament. He is a member of the original Fishing Hall of Fame and has been named a Florida Icon by the business magazine Florida Trend. He has written several popular books, one of which--Complete Book of Baits, Rigs and Tackle-first published in 1971-- is an all-time best seller among how-to fishing books. His other titles include: Sport Fish of Florida, (1998), Sport Fish of the Gulf of Mexico (2000), Sport Fish of the Atlantic (2001), Sport Fish of Fresh Water (2002), Sport Fish of the Pacific (2004), Anglers Cookbook (2005), and Fishing is Funny (2010).
- Author(s)Vic Dunaway
- Date of Publication26/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.