All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo some, the near perfection of the Six Sigma management system appears to be an impossible ideal, especially for small and medium enterprises. FIT SIGMA TM, a flexible and more sustainable approach, was developed through the integration of the 'hard' Six Sigma approach with Lean Enterprise philosophy. It consists of three elements; fitness for purpose, fitness for improvement and integration, and fitness for sustainability. FIT SIGMA: A Lean Approach to Building Sustainable Quality Beyond Six Sigma shows how this tripartite approach can be used to add value to both large and small organisations through improved use of resources, and through the provision of improved customer satisfaction. It shows that a holistic approach to operational excellence underpinned by a data driven methodology can be applied equally to the manufacturing, service or public sectors. As the Six Sigma philosophy has evolved in recent years to take into account new challenges faced by companies, including climate change, green supply chain, emerging markets and a growing service sector, so FIT SIGMATM has also adapted itself to these new demands. FIT SIGMA: A Lean Approach to Building Sustainable Quality Beyond Six Sigma covers key developing areas including: * Sustainability and Environment * Non-profit organizations * Service Operations * Supply Chain Management * Project Management * Emerging Markets * Small and Medium Enterprises * Green Thinking Each chapter contains practical implementation guide, illustrative examples and case studies, and concludes with a summary of key elements for ease of reference and revision. In addition the book includes a comprehensive glossary of common terms and phrases used in managing quality, along with an appendix which illustrates the applications of basic statistics in Six Sigma and Fit Sigma.
- Author BiographyRON BASU (Gerrards Cross, UK) is currently a Visiting Executive Fellow at Henley Business School and also a Visiting Professor at ESC Lille. He is Director and founder of Performance Excellence Ltd, a training and consultancy firm specializing in performance management. Previously he held functional and executive roles in Unilever and GlaxoSmithKline. He was also a Management Consultant with A T Kearney. He is the author of eight books on quality management and supply chain management published through Butterworth Heinemann, Elsevier, Thomson and Reuters. He also published in journals like International Journal of Production Research, International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage, Measuring Business Excellence, Industrial Engineer, Quality World, Project and others. He has completed a PhD in project quality at Reading University.
- Author(s)Ron Basu
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.