All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at police officers and other emergency services personnel who face physically challenging and stressful situations on a daily basis. Addresses the physical demands of police work and shows readers how to develop a comprehensive programme to improve overall health and fitness. Readers will learn how to improve cardiovascular endurance, anaerobic power, muscular strength, endurance and flexibility. Provides information on diet and nutrition, weight management, stress management, giving up smoking and prevention of substance abuse. Describes how to design a fitness programme, set realistic goals and evaluate progress.
- Author BiographyRobert Hoffman is certified as a fitness instructor by the American College of Sports Medicine and as a fitness trainer by the U.S. Army. He spent 3 years as the director of training for the Soldier Physical Fitness School, developing a complete fitness programme for Army soldiers. Thomas Collingwood has been involved in implementing law enforcement programmes for over 30 years. He developed the Cooper Institute's Police Instructors Course that has trained over 10,000 police fitness co-ordinators in the U.S.
- Author(s)Robert Hoffman,Thomas R. Collingwood
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2005
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 94 black & white halftones
- Weight603 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.