All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe report of the National Inquiry into Dancers' Health and Injury Dance is a high risk business. Injury can end a career. As in sport, damage can be done through accidents or excessive demands on the body. Long hours of work, inappropriate eating habits and inadequate working conditions can also undermine dancers' health. Yet comprehensive health and injury service for dancers exists. This report is the most thorough study of dancers' lifestyles, risks and achievements yet undertaken. In it dance experts, sports scientists and medical specialists combine forces to make an impassioned plea for better support of dancers' healthcare. Progess will only be made through the combined efforts of the dance profession, teachers, funding boides and healthcare professionals. This report is the first step.
- Author(s)Fiona Dick,Peter Brinson
- PublisherCalouste Gulbenkian Foundation
- Date of Publication01/10/1996
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCalouste Gulbenkian Foundation
- Content Note10ill.ch.
- Weight279 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anthony Crickmay
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.