All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreate your own personal fitness and wellness success stories with Hoeger and Hoeger's FITNESS AND WELLNESS. This text helps you take control of your personal fitness and wellness by providing current, practical information and tips that you can incorporate to start living a healthier life. This succinct nine-chapter text offers balanced coverage on health-related physical fitness components with valuable information on wellness. The authors emphasize motivation and behavior modification to help you make a constant and deliberate effort to stay fit and realize your highest potential for good health. Use the interactive study tools to extend your learning beyond the text. FITNESS AND WELLNESS offers you the most current coverage and practical guidelines to take charge of your health.
- Author BiographySharon A. Hoeger is Vice President of Fitness & Wellness, Inc. in Boise, Idaho, and holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from Brigham Young University. As co-author of PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS, and four other Cengage Learning texts, Mrs. Hoeger is responsible for researching the most current scientific information for each revision, as well as developing the interactive software that accompanies all of the Hoeger fitness and wellness textbooks-innovations that have set the standard for fitness and wellness software today. The Hoeger husband-and-wife team has been jogging and strength training together for more than 39 years! Dr. Werner W.K. Hoeger Professor Emeritus in the Department of Kinesiology at Boise State University, and Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine and the Research Consortium of SHAPE America (Society of Health and Physical Educators). The 2004 recipient of the Presidential Award for Research and Scholarship in the College of Education at Boise State University, keynote speaker at the VII Iberoamerican Congress of Sports Medicine and Applied Sciences and the 2010 Western Society for Kinesiology and Wellness, Dr. Hoeger continues to research and lecture on exercise physiology, physical fitness, and wellness. In addition to PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS, Dr. Hoeger has published several Cengage Learning texts including Fitness and Wellness, Principles and Labs for Physical Fitness, Lifetime Physical Fitness and Wellness, Wellness: Guidelines for a Healthy Lifestyle, and Water Aerobics for Fitness and Wellness. Dr. Hoeger is a former luge athlete (2002 and 2006 Winter Olympian); All-American by USA Track & Field in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016; and renowned fitness and wellness innovator. He developed many popular fitness assessment tools in use today, such as the modified sit and reach, total body rotation, shoulder rotation, muscular endurance, muscular strength and endurance, and soda pop coordination tests.
- Author(s)Sharon A. Hoeger,Wener Hoeger
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication13/02/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight522 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement12th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.