All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.59Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is designed as a textbook for middle school students, as well as a reference for PE teachers. It is a specific middle school version of the secondary school PE textbook, Fitness for Life . It helps prepare students to live physically active lives, providing a foundation for lifelong health and fitness. Sections cover aerobics, active sports, recreation, flexibility, muscle fitness, body composition and energy balance. Activities get students involved in physical activity and reinforce concepts presented in the book. It includes over 100 full-colour photos and illustrations.
- Author BiographyCharles Corbin is currently professor emeritus in the department of exercise and wellness at Arizona State University. He has published more than 175 journal articles and has written or contributed to more than 70 books on fitness. He is internationally recognised as an expert in physical activity and fitness for young people. He has been a keynote speaker at more than 35 US Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Conventions and presented in more than 15 different countries worldwide. Guy Le Masurier is currently an assistant professor of physical education at Penn State University. He has published numerous articles on youth physical activity and physical education. He is a section editor for the International Journal of Physical Education and has edited and contributed to several books on the subject, including Fitness for Life and the Physical Best Activity Guide. Dolly Lambdin is a senior lecturer in the department of kinesiology and health education at the University of Texas, where she teaches courses in children's movement, methods of teaching physical education and critical issues in physical education.
- Author(s)Charles B. Corbin,Dolly Lambdin,Guy Le Masurier
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides : General
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note75 illustrations, 103 photos
- Weight680 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.