All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautifully drawn study of what is at risk when you lose control of your own life. Unique, gripping, and viscerally moving--this impressive debut vel heralds the arrival of an extremely talented writer. --Jodi Picoult, New York Times bestselling author of The Storyteller and Lone Wolf Destined to be a book club favorite, a heart-wrenching debut about two people who must decide how much they're willing to sacrifice for love. Mara Nichols is a successful lawyer, devoted wife, and adoptive mother who has received a life-shattering diagsis. Scott Coffman, a middle school teacher, has been fostering an eight-year-old boy while the boy's mother serves a jail sentence. Scott and Mara both have five days left until they must say good-bye to the ones they love the most. Through their stories, Julie Lawson Timmer explores the individual limits of human endurance and the power of relationships, and shows that sometimes loving someone means holding on, and sometimes it means letting go.
- Author BiographyJulie Lawson Timmer grew up in Canada and earned a bachelor's degree from McMaster University and a law degree from Southern Methodist University. She lives in Ann Arbor with her husband and children and is a lawyer. This is her first novel; she is currently at work on her second.
- Author(s)Julie Lawson Timmer
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Weight612 g
- Width145 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $88.89
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.