Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionImagine living through daily Allied air raids in WWII - as a young child. Only to have those bombing raids replaced by a Russian occupation; living behind the Iron Curtain. Then spending your adolescence under a government whose all-encompassing authority left thing in your life untouched. You don't have to imagine. This is a reality shared by an entire generation. Join Ilse, her brother, sister, and cousins as they take you on a never-before-shared personal journey through their childhood. A childhood that will challenge your sensibilities. In stories that could only be told through the eyes of these five small children. You will witness first-hand the trials and tribulations, and the joys and the sorrows, of growing up as few can imagine. Where growing up meant less about celebrating birthdays and more about surviving daily life lessons. And you'll begin to understand the resiliency of children, and the responsibility we each have to teach and protect those who will follow in our footsteps. And most importantly, you'll see proof that the human spirit can triumph over unspeakable odds. And through that, can lead to a life lived well.
- Author(s)Ilse Van Goth
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.