Five-Minute Tales: More Stories to Read and Tell When Time Is Short by Margaret Read MacDonald (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Margaret Read MacDonald published her book Three-Minute Tales in 2004, it received a warm reception from teachers, youth leaders, clergy, and public speakers, all with an insatiable need for positive, pithy stories to fill out brief amounts of presentation time. Now MacDonald is back with more stories that can stretch anywhere from one to five minutes in length, encourage audience participation, and can be adapted for a wide range of settings. These riddles, fables, origin stories, scary stories, trickster tales, and more come from Thailand, the Republic of Georgia, Mexico, Japan, Brazil, Indonesia, Korea, Zambia, Hungary, China, Egypt, the Ukraine, India, Russia, Paraguay, and the Mayan, Jewish, native American, Basque, and Africa-American traditions.
- Author BiographyMargaret Read MacDonald Bio: Margaret Read MacDonald is a professional storyteller, award winning author and highly respected consultant who travels the world telling stories and conducting workshops for educators. Her most popular workshop Playing with Stories has been offered in over 70 countries. She has been invited to storytelling and literary festivals in Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Thailand and Singapore. In addition, Dr. MacDonald teaches storytelling to classroom teachers for the Lesley University Creative Education through the Arts program. For years, she also taught storytelling as an Adjunct Professor with the University of Washington Information School. Dr. MacDonald is the author of over 60 books on folklore and storytelling topics, including many award winning folktale picture books. She has been telling stories since 1964 in her work as a children s librarian, and she holds a Ph.D. in Folklore from Indiana University along with an M.Ed.EC. (Educational Communications Masters) from the University of Hawaii and a Master s of Library Science (MLS) from the University of Washington. She is well known for her ability to create texts that delight the ear and are easy for teachers to share. Teaching with Story contains 20 of these useful stories that can be used by teachers with their students.
- Author(s)Margaret Read MacDonald
- PublisherAugust House Publishers
- Place of PublicationLittle Rock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAugust House Publishers
- Weight494 g
- Width186 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.