All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would it take for slaves to escape from slavery in the Deep South, 1,000 miles from freedom and then on to England during the period of the Fugitive Slave Act? For most slaves the thought of escape was unimaginable. But fear did not stop Ellen and William Craft from chasing freedom. An inspiring and riveting story of two amazing people stopping at nothing to fight for freedom and racial equality, this thrilling true tale chronicles Ellen and William Craft's lives from their flight from slavery in Georgia to their rise to world-wide fame as heroes of the Abolitionist movement. Illustrated with period artwork, newspaper clippings, and archival photographs, 5,000 Miles to Freedom captures the unforgiving realities of slave life, the political hatred between North and South, and, above all, the extraordinary achievements of this remarkable couple.
- Author BiographyDennis Brindell Fradin and his wife Judith Bloom Fradin have collaborated on several award-winning books for young readers. The Fradins live in Evanston, IL.
- Author(s)Dennis Fradin
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication24/01/2006
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationHanover, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight670 g
- Width227 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $27.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.