All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionFixed-Point Algorithms for Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering presents some of the most recent work from top-tch researchers studying projection and other first-order fixed-point algorithms in several areas of mathematics and the applied sciences. The material presented provides a survey of the state-of-the-art theory and practice in fixed-point algorithms, identifying emerging problems driven by applications, and discussing new approaches for solving these problems. This book incorporates diverse perspectives from broad-ranging areas of research including, variational analysis, numerical linear algebra, biotechlogy, materials science, computational solid-state physics, and chemistry. Topics presented include: Theory of Fixed-point algorithms: convex analysis, convex optimization, subdifferential calculus, nsmooth analysis, proximal point methods, projection methods, resolvent and related fixed-point theoretic methods, and motone operator theory. Numerical analysis of fixed-point algorithms: choice of step lengths, of weights, of blocks for block-iterative and parallel methods, and of relaxation parameters; regularization of ill-posed problems; numerical comparison of various methods. Areas of Applications: engineering (image and signal reconstruction and decompression problems), computer tomography and radiation treatment planning (convex feasibility problems), astromy (adaptive optics), crystallography (molecular structure reconstruction), computational chemistry (molecular structure simulation) and other areas. Because of the variety of applications presented, this book can easily serve as a basis for new and invated research and collaboration.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- Series TitleSpringer Optimization and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number49
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byD. Russell Luke,Heinz H. Bauschke,Henry Wolkowicz,Patrick L. Combettes,Regina S. Burachik,Veit Elser
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.