All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFixed Point Theory and Graph Theory provides an intersection between the theories of fixed point theorems that give the conditions under which maps (single or multivalued) have solutions and graph theory which uses mathematical structures to illustrate the relationship between ordered pairs of objects in terms of their vertices and directed edges. This edited reference work is perhaps the first to provide a link between the two theories, describing t only their foundational aspects, but also the most recent advances and the fascinating intersection of the domains. The authors provide solution methods for fixed points in different settings, with two chapters devoted to the solutions method for critically important n-linear problems in engineering, namely, variational inequalities, fixed point, split feasibility, and hierarchical variational inequality problems. The last two chapters are devoted to integrating fixed point theory in spaces with the graph and the use of retractions in the fixed point theory for ordered sets.
- Author BiographyMonther Rashed Alfuraidan is Associate Professor of Mathematics in the Department of Mathematics & Statistics at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. He obtained his Ph.D. (Mathematics) from Michigan State University. He has written more than twenty articles on graph theory, algebraic graph theory and metric fixed point theory. He peer-reviewed many articles (among others) for: algebraic journal of combinatorics, Arabian Journal of Mathematics, Fixed Point Theory and Applications and Journal of Inequality and Applications. Qamrul Hasan Ansari is Professor of Mathematics at Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India, and joint professor at King Fahd University of Petroleum \& Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. He obtained his Ph.D. (Mathematics) from Aligarh Muslim University, India. He is an associate editor of Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Fixed Point Theory and Applications and Carpathian Journal of Mathematics. He also edited several special issues of several journals, namely, Journal of Global Optimization, Fixed Point Theory and Applications, Abstract and Applied Analysis, Journal of Inequalities and Applications, Applicable Analysis, Positivity, Filomat, etc. He has written more than 180 articles on variational inequalities, fixed point theory and applications, vector optimization, etc. in various international peer-reviewed journals. He has edited 6 books for Springer, Taylor & Francis and Narosa, India. He is an author of a book on Metric Spaces published by Narosa, India and has coauthored one book on Variational Inequalities and Nonsmooth Optimization for Taylor & Francis.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1070 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMonther Alfuraidan,Qamrul Hasan Ansari
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.