All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph provides a concise introduction to the main results and methods of the fixed point theory in modular function spaces. Modular function spaces are natural generalizations of both function and sequence variants of many important spaces like Lebesgue, Orlicz, Musielak-Orlicz, Lorentz, Orlicz-Lorentz, Calderon-Lozavskii spaces, and others. In most cases, particularly in applications to integral operators, approximation and fixed point results, modular type conditions are much more natural and can be more easily verified than their metric or rm counterparts. There are also important results that can be proved only using the apparatus of modular function spaces. The material is presented in a systematic and rigorous manner that allows readers to grasp the key ideas and to gain a working kwledge of the theory. Despite the fact that the work is largely self-contained, extensive bibliographic references are included, and open problems and further development directions are suggested when applicable. The mograph is targeted mainly at the mathematical research community but it is also accessible to graduate students interested in functional analysis and its applications. It could also serve as a text for an advanced course in fixed point theory of mappings acting in modular function spaces.
- Author BiographyMohamed Amine Khamsi, Ph.D. is a Professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Texas at El Paso, Texas, USA. His research interests include functional analysis, fixed point theory, discrete dynamical systems, and logic programming. Dr. Khamsi received his Ph.D. at the University Paris VI in 1987. Wojciech M. (Walter) Kozlowski, Ph.D. is a professor in the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. His research interests include functional analysis, function spaces, fixed point theory, approximation theory and applications. He received his doctorate at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow in 1981. Dr. Kozlowski, a Fulbright Scholar at the California University of Technology in Pasadena in years 1986 - 1988, works also in a capacity of the business consultant for the telecommunications industry.
- Author(s)Mohamed A. Khamsi,Wojciech M. Kozlowski
- PublisherBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Date of Publication25/03/2015
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight549 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.