All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Old Testament scholar George Adam Smith (1856-1942) delivered the Lyman Beecher lectures at Yale University in 1899, he confidently declared that 'modern criticism has won its war against traditional theories. It only remains to fix the amount of the indemnity.' In this biography, Iain D. Campbell assesses Smith's critical approach to the Old Testament and evaluates its consequences, showing that Smith's life and work still raises questions about the relationship between biblical scholarship and evangelical faith.
- Author BiographyRev Dr Iain D Campbell is pastor of Back Free Church of Scotland on the Isle of Lewis. He trained for the ministry at the University of Glasgow and at the Free Church College, Edinburgh. His PhD is from the University of Edinburgh. He contributes regularly to several theological journals. His wife, Anne, is a teacher, and they have three children. He is author of The gospel according to Ruth, and On the first day of the week - God, the Christian and the Sabbath, both published by Day One.
- Author(s)Iain D. Campbell
- PublisherSend The Light
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Series TitlePaternoster Biblical & Theological Monographs
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaternoster Press
- Weight505 g
- Width228 mm
- Height144 mm
- Spine0 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.