All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe regimental, battery, or company set of colors was more than simply a unit designation, it was the very symbol of the regiment - it was its heart. Fiercely defended in action, where they flew in the center of the line, they drew relentless enemy fire upon their bearer. Allowing the colors to be captured was the ultimate disgrace and extreme sacrifices were made to both save and capture them. Flags of the Civil War provides an unrivalled wealth of information on the Confederate, Union, State, and Volunteer flags which were borne into battle. At Bull Run, Shiloh, Antietam, and Gettysburg, these proud banners provided an inspiration, rallying point, and focus for some of the bloodiest and most heroic fighting of the war.
- Author BiographyPhilip Katcher was born in Los Angeles, California, to parents involved in the film industry. He was educated at the University of Maryland and served in the US Army in Vietnam. He has also been an active participant in living history activities, especially in the 18th and 19th century periods. He has written a number of books on various periods of US military history and presently is editor/publisher of Military Images Magazine.
- Author(s)Philip Katcher
- PublisherChartwell Books
- Date of Publication10/02/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChartwell Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width190 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.