All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionTwo years after World War II ends, Tim, who survived the Nazi bombing of London, becomes very sick on poor boarding school rations. He is sent to Germany to join the rest of the family in a village on the outskirts of Hamburg. His father is the main witness in a war-crimes trial.
Tim is fascinated by the ruins of Hamburg. In the attic of the house they live in he discovers a very powerful set of biculars. Through the biculars Tim explores the ruins.
At school Tim takes on the class bully. An explosion occurs. The main sewer is damaged. The smell is awful. As if things can't get worse the class teacher takes a dislike to Tim. The bully strikes. Tim retaliates with dire results.
Things go from bad to worse. Tim finds himself befriending a German boy who could be a thief. Does he live in the ruins? Tim rescues the boy, makes a discovery and acquires a dog.
The Nazi officer who is to go on trial escapes. A German bomber pilot calls at the house. And finally the story reaches a dramatic climax in the ruins and a mystery is solved.
- Author(s)Gerald Holt
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width203 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.