CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn the five vels by Ireland's greatest comic writer, we can explore the full range of his invention, from the multi-layered madness of At Swim-Two-Birds to the piercing realism of The Hard Life and the surreal logic of The Third Policeman . This is a world where bicycles listen to conversations, inventors search for methods of 'diluting' water, and characters play truant while velists sleep; a world where spiteful fairies wreak havoc and heroes from legend blunder into suburban sitting-rooms. This is recognizably the Ireland of Joyce and Beckett - rowdy, high-spirited, by turns sensual and cerebral -transformed by O'Brien's unique vision.
- Author BiographyBrian O'Nolan (Irish: Brian O Nuallain) (October 5, 1911 - April 1, 1966) was a twentieth century Irish novelist and satirist, best known for his novels An Beal Bocht, At Swim-Two-Birds and The Third Policeman written under the nom de plume Flann O'Brien. He also wrote many satirical columns in the Irish Times under the name Myles na gCopaleen. INTRODUCER BIOGRAPHY: Novelist and journalist Keith Donohue is the author of The Stolen Child and The Irish Anatomist: A Study of Flann O'Brien.
- Author(s)Flann O'Brien
- Date of Publication21/09/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight830 g
- Width44 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine134 mm
- Edition StatementCombined volume
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.