Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features a perennially intriguing writer placed in the context of her troubled times and our own. Flannery O'Conr's Radical Reality brings together essays by a number of distinguished O'Conr scholars, four of whom were the writer's friends, to assess the impact of the political, religious, and social milieu of her time on vels and short stories that consistently attract interpretive attention and are rediscovered by new generations of readers. The contributors mark the current terrain of scholarship on the wry Georgian writer and open new avenues for future explorations in O'Conr's work.
- Author BiographyJan Norby Gretlund is a senior lecturer in American literature at the Center for American Studies, University of Southern Denmark and the author of Eudora Welty's Aesthetics of Place and Frames of Southern Mind: Reflections on the Stoic, Bi-racial, and Existential South. Karl-Heinz Westarp is the former chair of the Department of English at the University of Aarhus in Denmark and the author of Flannery O'Connor: The Growing Craft and Precision and Depth: In Flannery O'Connor's Short Stories. With Gretlund he is coeditor of Walker Percy: Novelist and Philosopher, The Late Novels of Eudora Welty, and Realist of Distances: Flannery O'Connor Revisited.
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJan Nordby Gretlund,Karl-Heinz Westarp
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.