Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $128.59+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $71.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe book provides all the essentials needed to implement a fully featured multiplayer game in Flash. It begins by dissecting a basic hello-world example providing its code and an insight into each feature that is required. Following the book is easy because of the excellent illustrations and working code samples. Four complete game implementations with increasing complexity are discussed; each example is presented with detailed design, implementation code, and screenshots. This book discusses essentials for beginner to intermediate Flash Developers who have perhaps created a game or two in Flash and want to take the next step, and create something that can be played by two or more players over the internet. This book will appeal to professional and amateur developers with an inclination to build synchrous multiplayer games with Flash. No prior kwledge of networking or server-side programming is required.
- Author BiographyPrashanth Hirematada, is the founder of Gamantra, a game technology company focused on Network engine & server platform. Prior to founding Gamantra in 2006, he was a Chief Architect at Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd., where he was responsible for creating a common game development platform for all MMOG initiatives at Shanda. He joined Shanda in 2004 through Shanda's acquisition of Zona, Inc., an MMOG game technology company, headquartered in Santa Clara, USA. At Zona, as a Technical Chief Architect, he was responsible for server-side architecture and implementation of MMOG framework. Prior to joining Zona in 2001, Prashanth worked in various Silicon Valley-based technology start-up companies developing software at various levels for well over 7 years. His Master's thesis was about a distributed implementation of the Message Passing Library (MPI) on a heterogeneous network of workstations including Solaris, HP-UX, OpenStep, and Windows NT. He received his MS in Computer Science, from the California State University, Sacramento, California, in 1994 and his BS in Computer Science, from Bangalore University, Bangalore, India in 1992. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Prashanth Hirematada
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication10/07/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.