Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.20+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide aims to let developers easily integrate Macromedia Flash content with applications that are built using Macromedia ColdFusion MX, Microsoft .NET, Java, PHP, or SOAP-based Web services. The result is complex client/server applications that more closely resemble desktop applications than traditional Web pages. Gone is the click/wait/reload approach of HTML. Your Web application uses Flash as the front end while Flash Remoting handles the communication behind the scenes with the application server. The book aims to help you understand this breakthrough techlogy and use it to build your own Rich Internet Applications (RIAs). Build applications that connect to a database, file system, or other server-side techlogies. It can be used to create: online stores that feature catalogs and shopping cart systems; sound and video clip libraries; banner ads with built-in shopping carts, click-through tracking, and site search capabilities; new controls that can be used in place of HTML; extensions to Flash, Dreamweaver and Fireworks; and front-ends to databases for administrators. The book begins with Flash Remoting basics: setup, installation and an introduction to its underlying concepts. Next, you'll explore the Flash's User Interface components as they relate to Flash Remoting. Then, you'll gain insights into Flash Remoting internals and the Remoting API. It also contains examples that you will be able to run on your own system. The next section focuses on the server-side environment that you'll use for your applications. Individual chapters cover Flash Remoting with ColdFusion, Server-Side ActionScript, Java, ASP.NET, and PHP. The last section covers more advanced Flash Remoting techniques, such as calling Web services from Flash Remoting, extending objects and UI controls, best practices, and debugging. Plus there is a detailed chapter demonstrating a real-world application. The book concludes with a Flash Remoting API reference. .
- Author BiographyTom Muck is coauthor of six Macromedia-related books including O'Reilly's Flash Remoting: The Definitive Guide, and the bestseller, Dreamweaver UltraDev 4: The Complete Reference. He is an extensibility expert focused on the integration of Macromedia products with ColdFusion, ASP, PHP, and other languages, applications, and technologies and is a founding member of Community MX (www.communitymx.com). When not in front of the computer, Tom works on his Hong Kong movie collection. Once an aspiring heavy-metal musician, Tom is now content in his old age to sit on the porch playing the blues on his harmonica and banging out Robert Johnson songs on his beat-up acoustic guitar.
- Author(s)Tom Muck
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication03/10/2003
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteindex
- Weight1004 g
- Width181 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.