Flavor Exposed: 100 Global Recipes from Sweet to Salty, Earthy to Spicy by Angelo Sosa, Suzanne Lenzer (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAcclaimed chef Angelo Sosa is obsessed with flavors. He was seduced by spices, herbs and ingredients while traveling through Asia. He fantasizes about how coriander will pair with lemongrass. The smells of cumin and cilantro transport him back to his Aunt Carmen s kitchen in Queens and the taste of salt reminds him of a certain Judges Table on Top Chef. Combining his years as a chef with his innate understanding of how thoughtful food can change our lives, Angelo is uniquely able to reach out and inspire virtually anyone. In FLAVOR EXPOSED, he t only aims to teach the reader to identify and cook with nine flavor profiles, but he explains the concept behind a flavor trinity the base of each of his recipes. His stories of life as a Top Chef contestant, in the kitchens of four-star restaurants, and as a culinary student desperate to surpass all expectations, will also enchant everyone interested in what it takes to become a chef of his caliber. And Angelo s recipes simple, invative, and unbelievably accessible to the home cook will amaze with their myriad of flavors and exotic influences. Who else could conceive of a Sweet Tomato Soup with Curried Whipped Cream? A dish that immediately sparks childhood memories, yet is also layered with such sophistication as to make it simultaneously familiar and unexpected. Whether it s his elegant Soy-Steeped Chicken with Tea Leaves, his signature Saigon Burger with Ginger Glaze and Thai Basil Mayo, or his utterly delightful Sunny Side-Up Egg with Chinese Sausage and Takeout Fried Rice, Angelo s recipes will tantalize the taste buds of anyone who likes to cook (or eat for that matter). From the millions of fans who rooted for him on Top Chef, to the diehard foodies who have long coveted his secrets to creating some of the most interesting and arousing food being made today, FLAVOR EXPOSED will undoubtedly fill the need.
- Author BiographyAngelo Sosa is a fascinating blend of the classical and the modern. Having worked with culinary visionaries Alain Ducasse and Jean-Georges Vongerichten, his personal sensibility for food combines the elegance and sophistication of his rigorous training along with his passion for global flavors and more contemporary preparations. Known to many for his compelling role on Bravo's acclaimed Top Chef, Angelo is currently Executive Chef at Social Eatz and Anejo Tequileria in New York City, and partners on other projects through his consulting group. www.angelososa.com www.socialeatz.com www.anejonyc.com Chef-testant on Bravo's Top Chef Season 7 and Season 8 (All Stars) www.bravotv.com/top-chef/bio/angelo-sosa Suzanne Lenzer is a food writer and stylist. She collaborated with Anne Burrell on her recent New York Times' bestseller, Cook Like a Rock Star, and previously worked closely with cookbook author and New York Times columnist Mark Bittman.
- Author(s)Angelo Sosa,Suzanne Lenzer
- PublisherKyle Cathie Limited
- Date of Publication16/06/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKyle Cathie Limited
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight889 g
- Width183 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.23New
- AU $14.76New
- AU $23.87New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.51
- AU $21.80Trending at AU $30.46
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.01
- AU $32.19Trending at AU $36.30
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $44.33Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.