All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1884 edition. Excerpt: ...the gentle clasp of Sadie Patten's tack-nails, and leaning over from the tops of the windows as if already tired of the sun and wanting a little rest. Well, let's see your hammer. No, I'm using it, I'm a young lady w and do as I please, cried Mary, springing up from the kitchen hearth, and scattering her walnuts broadcast, catch me if you can. Is that so? Well, then, w for 'a race from here to the sweet-apple tree. One, two, three, begin! And Preston started off at the top of his speed, Mary just before him; her face aglow, her hair streaming in the wind. As she skimmed over the ground, shouting and laughing, she seemed for all the world like a little girl, and t in the least like a young lady. She was soon caught and obliged to surrender the hainmer, whereupon Preston nailed the curtains neatly, and went whistling about the house, giving finishing touches here and there to the rickety furniture. O thank you. You 've been a great help. Now, in return, you shall have a spring-bed to sleep on, the only one we have in the house, said Lucy, with a mischievous glance at Sadie. The spring-bed did t fit the bedstead, and the chances were that it might fall through in the night. You're too tremendously kind, too selfsacrificing, said Preston, suspecting at once that something was wrong. But he had-his revenge. The bedstead was extremely isy, and the roguish youth, unable to sleep himself on account of mosquitoes, rejoiced to think that he was probably keeping his cousin Lucy awake. Good morning, Preston, I hope you rested well, said she, as they all met next morning in the front yard. O very.--it 's so quiet in the...
- Author(s)Sophie May
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.