All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn modern rooms, a distressed chair or a vintage mirror adds a perfect finishing touch. And in traditional decorating schemes, fleamarket chic is a key part of the mix: faded textiles, weathered furniture, mis-matched china and the occasional flamboyant lamp or work of art are all part of the charm. Of course, Fleamarket Chic is about saving you money, along with recycling, upcycling and repurposing. But it's also about a sense of history and place, about individuality, and creating a home that reflects your life and personality. Every piece in a Fleamarket Chic interior has a story: the colourful jug you found at a car boot fair, the vintage telephone you reclaimed when a favourite aunt finally bought a modern handset, the little chair you found in a village junk shop or the old dustbins that have been converted into fashionable zinc planters. In Fleamarket Chic, we'll show you how to spot the clever find in a pile of junk, where to look and how to negotiate, how to smarten up (and when t to smarten up) second-hand items and how to re-discover and re-use things you or your family already have.
- Author BiographyLiz Bauwens is a freelance stylist who has worked for House and Garden, Good Housekeeping and Country Homes and Interiors. Alexandra Campbell is a writer whose work has appeared in many national newspapers and magazines including The Times Magazine, The Independent and Financial Times: How to Spend It. Together they are the authors of Simply Country and Thrifty Chic, both available from CICO Books. Liz Bauwens is based in Chelsea, London and Alexandra Campbell is based in Faversham, Kent.
- Author(s)Alexandra Campbell,Liz Bauwens
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note250 col photographs
- Weight999 g
- Width254 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.