CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionGideon is a well-kwn Bible character. His exploits in leading just three hundred men to defeat a huge invading army has inspired many people when faced with 'against-all-odds' situations. But how did it occur? Where was God in this scenario? How does this account relate to us? 'Fleeces, Fears and Flames' explores the Book of Judges in order to examine these ques-tions. Written in a down-to-earth style it looks at God connecting with Gideon despite his fears and fleece-laying doubts, then breaking through such frailty to release His power as seen in those flames. But it also stresses that as ordinary people we can kw the ex-traordinary God 'connecting' with us whatever the daunting challenges we face! Suitable for individual reflection or group discussion, this material includes questions and a focus at the end of each main chapter to help apply the Biblical narrative in a personal way.
- Author BiographyLiving and working in London, Steve is active in a local Anglican church. He sees his Christian faith as connecting with every part of life - including being a junior manager in a key government department, growing vegetables in his back yard and jogging. This is his second book following 'Dialogue with a donkey', learning from Balaam about distinguishing God's voice. 'The Way - Christianity without walls' website also regularly feature his con-tributions.
- Author(s)Stephen Bishop
- Date of Publication07/11/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationPreston
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.