All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a cookbook for the millennium: an extravagant, shameless and highly entertaining work that will change the course of contemporary cuisine, it takes cooking out of the kitchen and away from the TV screens, and puts it where it deserves to be: in the philosophy section alongside Plato and other great culinary masters. The notorious Thursday Club reveals its culinary secrets as the reader is invited to take part in its annual banquet. The meal is lavish, its contents unique, the taste out of this world. It is not just a meal but a philosophical statement. It is not to be eaten, but absorbed into the body. Orlando Crispe demonstrates the power of food on human behavior and how it can incite both love and revulsion. And no detail of preparation is too insignificant or too outre to be revealed: Beef Stock au Orlando Crispe: Marinate the carcass of a cow in a hot-water bath for several hours with its chef, so that the juices of the one can mingle with that of the other.
- Author(s)David Madsen
- PublisherDedalus Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2000
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleLiterary cookbooks
- Place of PublicationCambs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDedalus Ltd
- Content Note20ill.
- Weight159 g
- Width128 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.