All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 19 July 1989, while United Airlines flight 232 wallowed drunkenly rthwest of the airport at Sioux City, Iowa, hundreds of fire and rescue workers waited. The plane slammed onto the runway, broke into pieces and burst into a fireball. The rescue workers did t move: body could survive that crash. And then people began walking out of the field lining the runway. Miraculously, 184 of 296 passengers lived-138, unhurt. Laurence Gonzales, interviewed dozens of the survivors of Flight 232. He takes the reader through the detective work that found the fatal flaw in an exploded titanium fan disk. More powerful still is the heroism he found: pilots flying a plane with controls; flight attendants keeping their calm in the face of certain death; passengers sacrificing themselves to save others.
- Author BiographyLaurence Gonzales is the author of Surviving Survival, Flight 232 and the bestseller Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why. He has won two National Magazine Awards and is a scholar at the Sante Fe Institute. He divides his time between Evanston, Illinois, and Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Author(s)Laurence Gonzales
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication18/09/2015
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note8 pages of illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.