All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith prose that is Kafka-esque, side-splitting, and existentially focused, this collection anunces Baumbauch as a writer of the bravest, most talented philosophical fiction one can hope to find--and also the most enjoyable. Fans of Joy Williams will swoon over the unstoppable dry-rub of fatally true humor. I couldn't put it down. --Alissa Nutting Serious, shrewd, playful and passionate, Baumbach's stories are many things, but most of all wondrously human. --B.J. HollarsA staple in the literary scene for over forty years, Jonathan Baumbach's latest collection, Flight of Brothers, is a wonderful addition to his oeuvre. The stories within are filled with the longings and lingerings, sex and deprivation, humor and heartache as well as the New York nuances that have driven Baumbach's fiction from the start. Jonathan Baumbach is the author of sixteen books of fiction, and has also published over ninety stories published in such places as Esquire and Boulevard.
- Author BiographyJonathan Baumbach: Jonathan Baumbach is the author of 14 books of fiction, including You, or The Invention of Memory, On The Way To My Father's Funeral: New and Selected Stories, B, a novel, D-Tours, Separate Hours, Chez Charlotte and Emily, The Life and Times of Major Fiction, Reruns, Babble and A Man to Conjure With. He has also published over 90 stories published in such places as Esquire, Open City and Boulevard. Jonathan, co-founder of The Fiction Collective in 1973 (it was reinvented as FC2 in 1988), the first fiction writers cooperative in America, has seen his work widely praised. His short stories have been anthologized in Best American Short Stories, O.Henry Prize, and The Best of Tri-Quarterly. The New York Times Book Review referred to him in 2004 as . . . an underappreciated writer. He employs a masterfully dispassionate, fiercely intelligent narrative voice whose seeming objectivity is always a faltering front for secret passion and despair.
- Author(s)Jonathan Baumbach
- PublisherDzanc Books
- Date of Publication13/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDzanc Books
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.