Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 7 Feb
- AU $35.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by logicalunsanity
- Est. delivery by 26 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMatthew Flinders is a towering figure in Australian history the first to chart our coastline and the leading champion for naming the country Australia. In 1801 he was made commander of the expedition of his life the first close circumnavigation of Terra Australis. Famous for his meticulous charts and superb navigational skills, Flinders was a bloody good sailor. He battled treacherous conditions in a boat hardly seaworthy, faced the loss of a number of his crewmen and, following a shipwreck on a reef off the Queensland coast, navigated the ship s cutter over 1000 kilometres back to Sydney to get help. Rob Mundle brings Matthew Flinders fascinating story to life from the heroism and drama of shipwreck, imprisonment and long voyages in appalling conditions, to the heartbreak of being separated from his beloved wife for most of their married life. This is a gripping adventure biography, in the style of BLIGH: MASTER MARINER.
- Author BiographyRob Mundle is the bestselling author of BLIGH: MASTER MARINER and ten other books, and a journalist and competitive yachtsman whose own family heritage is with the sea, dating back to his great-great-grandfather who was the master of square riggers. Rob has reported on more than 30 Sydney to Hobart Races, covered seven America's Cup challenges (including Australia's historic 1983 win), four Olympics and numerous other major international events.
- Author(s)Rob Mundle
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight710 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine37 mm
Most relevant reviews
- cyberdine6913 Nov, 2016by
Flinders was a great bloke, and Mundle does a great job telling his story. I'll read this one again.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.