All listings for this product
About this product
It started with a simple observation: students need their teachers present to answer questions or to provide help if they get stuck on an assignment; they don't need their teachers present to listen to a lecture or review content. From there, Jonathan Bergmann and Aaron Sams began the flipped classroom-students watched recorded lectures for homework and completed their assignments, labs, and tests in class with their teacher available.
What Bergmann and Sams found was that their students demonstrated a deeper understanding of the material than ever before. This is the authors story, and they're confident it can be yours too. Learn what a flipped classroom is and why it works and get the information you need to flip a classroom.
You'll also learn the flipped mastery model, where students learn at their own pace-furthering opportunities for personalised education. This simple concept is easily replicable in any classroom, doesn't cost much to implement, and helps foster self-directed learning. Once you flip, you wont want to go back!
The International Society for Techlogy in Education (ISTE) is the trusted source for professional development, kwledge generation, advocacy and leadership for invation. ISTE is the premier membership association for educators and education leaders engaged in improving teaching and learning by advancing the effective use of techlogy in PK-12 and teacher education. Home of the National Educational Techlogy Standards (NETS), the Centre for Applied Research in Educational Techlogy (CARET), and ISTE's annual conference (formerly kwn as the National Educational Computing Conference, or NECC), ISTE represents more than 100,000 professionals worldwide. We support our members with information, networking opportunities, and guidance as they face the challenge of transforming education.
- Author BiographyJonathan Bergmann was a classroom teacher for 24 years. He now works with teachers, schools and corporations to help them rethink educational practice. He co-founded the Flipped Learning Network and FlippedClass.com. He received the Presidential Award for Excellence for Math and Science Teaching in 2002. Aaron Sams is an educational entrepreneur who co-founded the Flipped Learning Network and FlippedClass.com. He is adjunct professor at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, and was a chemistry teacher in Colorado and California. He was awarded the 2009 Presidential Award for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching.
- Author(s)Aaron Sams,Jonathan Bergmann
- PublisherInternational Society for Technology in Education
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationEugene
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInternational Society for Technology in Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06