All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this stunning first collection of poems, Noah Blaustein's narrators face the complexities that shape a life: adolescence, fatherhood, our responsibility for the lives of others, the exhilaration of romantic love, and memory. These anxious, frequently witty poems flirt with physical danger, with grief and happiness, and with mortality as a means to transcend the mundane in our day-to-day lives. As the parent narrator says at the end of Rave On : This / life of mine I w kw / is longer mine to take away. While the narrator believes that there's person that doesn't benefit from some pain, this evocative collection proves that life is both pain and comfort, and ends on a prayer of hope for the speaker's children: This is a prayer / for my children asleep in their bunk beds.../ May they never acquire / death's thin cello wire, / what connects my cortex to my toes, what plays / memory's midnight wrong song.../ There is beautiful music / out there. There is beautiful music.
- Author BiographyNoah Blaustein is editor of the anthology Motion: American Sports Poems. His poems have been published in a variety of journals including Barrow Street, The Harvard Review, The Los Angeles Review, The Massachusetts Review, Mid-American Review, Orion, and Pleiades.
- Author(s)Noah Blaustein
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleMary Burritt Christiansen Poetry
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.