All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of twenty years of delivering sailboats to far-flung quaysides, John Kretschmer has had innumerable adventures, both humorous and terrifying. in Flirting with Mermaids, he recounts the most memorable of them. He crosses the Western Caribbean with a crew of eccentric Swedes researching ancient Mayan mariners, lands in Aden at the outbreak of civil war, and endures a North Atlantic crossing during which he disocvers the existence of Force 13 winds. Approaching Japan at the end of a particularly trying delivery, he finds himself sailing in a high impact debris zone, but his resolve is unshaken. If a piece of rocketship jetsam fell out of the sky and sank [me] after encounters with Hurricane Floyd, General Noriega,a tsunami, an erupting volca, and Typhoon Roy, then it was meant to be.
- Author BiographyJohn Kretschmer has been a sailboat delivery skipper for over 25 years and has made over 100 deliveries. He is the author of Cape Horn to Starboard and Used Boat Notebook and has had articles published in numerous boating and travel magazines. He is a contributing editor to 'Sailing' and currently lives in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, with his wife Lesa and their two daughters.
- Author(s)John Kretschmer
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeafarer Books
- Content Note29 black & white halftones
- Weight345 g
- Width149 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.