All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContaining stimulating and insightful essays on eight of the country's best vels, this collection of critical essays examines how New Zealand fiction has redefined traditional means of storytelling, inviting readers into a new malleable world where identities are negotiable, liberated from time and place. Explaining the most pressing themes of New Zealand's modern fiction, this volume illuminates the distinctive ways in which contemporary vels approach the relationship between the real and the imaginary with edgy authenticities that operate between the familiar and the foreign, the copy and the original, the fake and the genuine, the intention and the act.
- Author BiographyAnna Jackson is a poet and the author of The Gas Leak and an editor of The Gothic in Children's Literature. Jane Stafford is the coauthor Maoriland: New Zealand Literature 1872-1914.
- Author(s)Anna Jackson
- PublisherVictoria University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintVictoria University Press
- Content Note5 line drawings
- Weight287 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJane Stafford
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.