All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn engaging and informative study of all the most important plants and animals mentioned in the Bible, relating the references both to Bible times and to wildlife in the Holy Land w and, where appropriate, explaining the message or symbolism behind the texts. The Prologue sets the scene by giving a simple description of the topography and climate of Israel, so that readers - wherever they are - may get a sense of what the place is like. The following two sections of the book cover first the plants, then the animals mentioned in the Bible. A wide range of plant life, including wild and cultivated trees, shrubs and herbs is covered and all creatures, great and small, from scorpions to whales. Mention of the flora and fauna may be used as metaphors in Jesus' teaching or simply referred to as part of the everyday life of the time.
- Author BiographyPeter Goodfellow is a Methodist Local Preacher, has been a birdwatcher and wildlife enthusiast since he was a boy, and was a teacher till he retired - he's put all three parts of himself together in this book. He is also the author of the successful Birds of the Bible and a number of birdwatching guides including Avian Architecture which won the 2011 Prose Award from the Association of America Publishers.
- Author(s)Peter Goodfellow
- PublisherJohn Beaufoy Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Beaufoy Publishing Ltd
- Content Note80 watercolours & 3 maps
- Weight513 g
- Width175 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.30
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.