All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFlora of the Outer Hebrides is the first comprehensive publication to describe the flowering plants and ferns of the Outer Hebrides, comprising over 700 species. Introductory chapters cover the climate, geography, geology, soils, vegetation and botanical history of the area. Every effort has been made to give Gaelic names for plants, and a chapter is devoted to Gaelic plant folklore. This is a reprint edition of the book first published in 1994 (ISBN 0113100477).
- Author BiographyR.J. PANKHURST is head of the taxonomic computing section at the RoyalBotanic Garden, Edinburgh. He is an expert in computer databases and identification programs for plants. He is also a keen member of the Botanical Society of the British Isles and used to be a curator of the British flowering plant section at The Natural History Museum, London. J.M. MULLIN is an applied ecologist with the environmental and engineering consultants Travers Morgan. He is an expert in the identification of British wild plants and is a keen member of the Botanical Society of the British Isles. He used to work on the flora of the British Isles at The Natural History Museum, London.
- Author(s)J. M. Mullin,R. J. Pankhurst
- PublisherPelagic Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPelagic Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.