Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Floral Talks What recreation will afford more pleasure, involving a healthful exercise, than the cultivation of flowers? It is an exhilarating, interesting and enbling work - so full of fascination - and when once begun it is likely to be continued. The love of flowers increases with all admirers of the beautiful as they are initiated into the mysteries of their culture and habits. Beauty is persistent and progressive, and when it is once imbued into the mind it rarely loses its hold. It is possible to make the poorest habitation charming by the judicious use of flowers, while a few radiant buds and blossoms may cheer a sad and weary soul like a sunbeam in an unlighted room, like the smiles on faces we love, like the soft speech of hearts uttered by faithful friends. Every year shows a marked advance in the floral world, but to enumerate and describe all the various causes from which plants fail, would require a large and costly work, and this would require an annual revision to keep apace with the times, for new plant enemies, as well as plants are being discovered every year. In this treatise it has been the writers aim to give in a condensed practical shape, sufficient kwledge regarding the habits and requirements of such plants as may be cared for by anyone taking an interest in them with a small outlay of time and money, and with pleasure and satisfaction to the grower. It is hoped that the hints and suggestions offered in the following pages will be of much benefit to all lovers of flowers, and that the publication of this work may assist in the promotion of floriculture to the satisfaction and pleasure of many households. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Edwin Ruston
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.