Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated for 2016. Now with new Discovery Tours chapter. Marco Polo Florence: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips Experience all of Florence's attractions with this up-to date, authoritative guide, complete with 'Best Of' recommendations. It includes hand selected ideas for accommodation, eating out, shopping and nightlife, trendy places to go and cultural attractions, as well as Insider Tips and low-budget suggestions. Further sections include: the Perfect Day, Festivals & Events, Travel with Kids, Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, Italian phrasebook and a comprehensive index. Florence is a sophisticated and atmospheric world city, and a fun one at that! It isn't without reason that the city on the Ar has been consistently ranked among the world's best cities to visit. Young and old, singles and families, culture buffs and gourmets, fashionistas, shoppers and globetrotters can all have a good time in Florence. With MARCO POLO Florence you'll discover one of the world's great art Meccas. This practical, pocket-sized guide takes you back to the era of the Medici, when the city was home to the world's most rewned artists.You can admire their sculptures and paintings in the city's unique museums and churches, before relaxing in the idyllic gardens of one of its mighty palazzi. Take in the magnificent view from the Piazzale Michelangelo and enjoy dolce far niente over your cappucci on one of the numerous squares in the citta. The Insider Tips propose a visit to the Market where you can join the Florentines for a stand-up lunch at Nerbone, or to the old Teatro del Sale for a real culinary treat. Panels in each chapter propose things to do if you're on a tight budget and where to pick up some real bargains. The Best Of pages highlight some unique aspects of Florence, recommend places to go for free, and contain tips for rainy days and where you can relax and chill out. The City Walks guide you through the city along well-kwn thoroughfares as well as unfamiliar alleys: a bus takes you to some great viewpoints, you can shop where the Florentines shop, and when you get to Fiesole the city lies at your feet. Finally the Dos & Don'ts advise to keep calm when looking for a house number and deciding which chic shoes to buy. MARCO POLO Florence provides comprehensive coverage of all areas of the city.To help you find your way around there's a detailed street atlas inside, a practical plan of bus routes in the backcover, plus a handy pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight272 g
- Width108 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $34.98
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.23
- AU $22.98Trending at AU $25.09
- AU $21.80Trending at AU $22.20
- AU $21.80Trending at AU $25.09
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $38.47
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $25.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.