All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou may kw that a quest for the Fountain of Youth led Ponce de Leon to claim Florida for Spain in 1513. But did you kw that it took the founding of a settlement by French Protestants to spur Spain to take colonization seriously? Readers follow all the action as French forces are massacred, St. Augustine is founded, and Spanish missionaries begin a 200-year effort to convert the Indians to Christianity. Eyewitness accounts help readers compare life during first Spanish then British rule and find out how Florida finally became part of the United States in 1821. Readers can w view the Sunshine State's history through fresh eyes in impeccably researched text. National Geographic supports K-12 educators with ELA Common Core Resources.Visitwww.natgeoed.org/commoncorefor more information.
- Author BiographyMatthew C. Cannavale holds a graduate degree from the Harvard Graduate School of Education. He lives in Brighton, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Matthew C Cannavale
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleVoices from Colonial America
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width200 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.