All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddison Mizner was one of the 20th Century's most influential American architects, a member of the remarkable group of visionaries who transformed Palm Beach. His buildings demonstrate a masterful ability at blending a building with its environment, making optimal use of the natural beauty that surrounded his building sites. This book contains over 180 photographs of Mizner's designs by Frank E. Geisler, capturing the fantasy and beauty of the buildings Mizner designed as they were originally conceived. Some of the buildings have been heavily altered or destroyed since the photos were taken--but the interiors and exteriors of more than 30 residences, from Mizner's own to Harold Vanderbilt's, can be seen here in their original splendor. Other Mizner landmarks, including the Everglades Club, the shops along Worth Avenue, and The Cloister at Boca Raton are covered in equal depth.
- Author BiographyFrank E. Geisler entered the photography profession in 1886 as a photo printer going on to become a society photographer in Cleveland, and opening his own studio. He won First Prize at the Professional Photographers' Club of New York shows for six consecutive years, and the American Trophy three times in a row. In 1914 he was the first New York camera artist to receive credit for photographs in the pages of Vanity Fair.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/03/2016
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note185 black & white halftones
- Weight681 g
- Width215 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Photographer(s)Frank E. Geisler
- Foreword byParis Singer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.