All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
About this product
- DescriptionIn many plants, vibration and ise problems occur due to fluid flow, which can greatly disrupt smooth plant operations. These flow-related phemena are called flow-induced vibration. This book explains how and why such vibrations happen and provides hints and tips on how to avoid them in future plant design. The world-leading author team doesn't assume prior kwledge of mathematical methods and provides the reader with information on the basics of modeling. The book includes several practical examples and thorough explanations of the structure, the evaluation method and the mechanisms to aid understanding of flow-induced vibrations. It helps ensure smooth plant operations. It explains the structure, evaluation method and mechanisms. It shows how to avoid vibrations in future plant design.
- Author BiographyProfessor of Mechanical Engineering at Osaka Sangyo University, Professor Nakamura has over thirty years of experience of working with fluid dynamics. Professor Kaneko is Vice Chairman of the Engineering Education Committee at the University of Tokyo, with a specialist interest in researching Flow Induced Vibration and Vibration Control. He has received a number of awards in the fields of Mechanical and Design Engineering, and published over 30 papers.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication13/12/2013
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc.(London) Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 220 illustrations
- Weight1066 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFumio Inada,Kunihiko Ishihara,Mikael A. Langthjem,Minoru Kato,Njuki W. Mureithi,Shigehiko Kaneko,Takashi Nishihara,Tomomichi Nakamura
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.