All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom acclaimed writer Beth Kephart, author of A Slant of Sun, comes a short, imaginative telling of the life of the Schuylkill River, which has served as the source of Philadelphia's water, power, industry, and beauty for the city's entire life. Before that, it fed the indigeus people who preceded William Penn, and has since time immemorial shape our region.
- Author BiographyBeth Kephart is the award-winning author of five memoirs, including Still Love in Strange Places and the March 2005 Book Sense pick Ghosts in the Garden. She has been nominated for a National Book Award, has been awarded grants from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Pew Fellowships in the Arts, and has won the national Speakeasy Poetry Prize. She has written for The New York Times, Washington Post Book World, Chicago Tribune, Salon.com, Philadelphia magazine, and The Philadelphia Inquirer, among other publications, and her essays are frequently anthologized.
- Author(s)Beth Kephart
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/06/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5346 mm
- Spine407 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.