All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with the introduction of the religion into China, this chronicle depicts the evolution of Buddhism. The career and achievements of the great Kumarajiva are investigated, exploring the famed philosophical treatises that form the core of East Asian Buddhist literature. Providing a useful and accessible introduction to the influential Tien-t'ai school of Buddhism in Japan as well as the teachings of the 13th-century monk Nichiren, this examination places special emphasis on the faith of the Lotus Sutra and the major works of masters such as Hui-su, Chih-i, and Chanjan. From the early translations of the Buddhist scriptures to the persecution of the T'ang dynasty, this exploration illuminates the role of Buddhism in Chinese society, and by extension, in humanity in general.
- Author BiographyDaisaku Ikeda is the president of the Soka Gakkai International, a lay Buddhist association pursuing the values of peace, culture, and education. He is the author of Choose Hope , For the Sake of Peace , and On Being Human .
- Author(s)Burton Watson,Daisaku Ikeda
- PublisherMiddleway Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMiddleway Press
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.