All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFlowers carry out a vital job for all flowering plants, they enable plants to reproduce. This book provides readers with a complete and comprehensive understanding of the role of flowers, their structure and how they are brilliantly designed to do this job. Clear diagrams, engaging text, and stunning photographs are used to explain the parts of a flowering plant, the parts of a flower, how different flowers are pollinated, how seeds are made, how flowers become fruit, how flowers vary, and our relationship with flowers. A wide range of examples present readers with flowers they will be familiar with plus spectacular and unusual examples from around the world. These demonstrate what flowers have in common and some incredible adaptations that allow plants to attract different pollinators and to survive in different conditions and habitats. Two simple activities help stimulate thought, reinforce learning, and bring the concepts to life.
- Author(s)Melanie Waldron
- PublisherHeinemann Library
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitlePlant Parts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Library
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width190 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.